The phase is a torment for the director. He cannot start much during many rehearsals. He is powerlessly waiting for the players to finally know their role. There can be no question of refinement, nuance, or applying rhythms in this phase of the repetition process. Even if 90% of the players know their lyrics, the remaining 10% will act as a brake on the rehearsal process that not only the director becomes discouraged but also tensions within the player group. From the Dog trainer Charlotte NC this is important now.
This part of the preparations is very discouraging and often an affliction that sometimes leads to outbursts. The players quickly feel offended, yet they do their best, have something else to do, must get it from the rehearsals but don’t have time to rehearse.
- This completely wrong defense becomes very clear when you compare acting as a group event to making music as a group event. In an amateur orchestra, nobody will think about practicing his party during rehearsals. There would simply be no time for that with thirty to fifty different parties. Every amateur musician rehearses his party at home, and the rehearsals serve to compile the ensemble, a group sound, under the direction